i-Ability Program: Vocational Informational Technology, Help Desk Training
The HelpDesk Training Program provides intensive, supportive, quality, relevant and time-limited training in the fields of information technology, technical support and customer service.
Training is provided on location in the SOMA, near San Francisco Civic Center. Participants receive paid, part-time work experience and on-the-job training while providing front end user support primarily over the phone under the direct supervision of the instructor. All work & training is scheduled Monday through Friday between 9am to 5pm. Individual schedules vary, and trainees will work an average of 10-15 hours a week for nine months.
- Gain professional experience in an office environment
- Learn more advanced computer skills
- Work directly with callers to resolve their technical problems while providing excellent customer service
- Gain experience in technical trouble shooting
- Hands on training is paid, classroom training is unpaid
During the training program regular tests and practical assessments are given that must be completed with an average passing score of 75% or more. Participants who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of completion.
Admissions are based on training cycle. Each training cycle is 9 months long. If there is a entry-list, the referral source and participant will be informed of the time line for admission. Clients will need to successfully complete an initial skills assessment and intake interview process.
Upon program completion, the participant will have skills to be referred to an employment consultant for placement in the following jobs:
- Customer Service/Call Center
- Help Desk & Technical Support
- Other related fields